A Mexican food lover in me is glad to share this very easy camping recipe. In this world where everything is instant, you will just love how fast and easy this recipe is. So be ready to learn this 5 minute Mexican wonder – Campfire Quesidilla.
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
10 button or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 cup corn
salt and pepper, to taste
4 flour tortillas
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
Heavy duty aluminum foil
Grate (for campfire) or grill
Tongs or spatula
For Veggie Mixture:
- Lay out a piece of foil and center onion, mushrooms, and corn on the foil. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bring up the sides of the foil and double fold the ends to make a packet. Place on the grate and cook until veggies are tender.
- Alternately, you can cook the veggies on your camp stove. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and saute until softened and lightly browned. Add corn and stir to combine. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Note: The veggie mixture can be made a day or two ahead of time.
- Lay out four pieces of foil and place a tortilla on top of each piece. Divide half the cheese among the four tortillas, sprinkling it down the center of each. Divide the veggie mixture evenly among the tortillas, and then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the veggies. Fold the two sides of the tortilla toward the center and then wrap the quesadilla in the foil, sealing the edges to make a packet.
- Place the packets on the grate and cook for a few minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla crisp.
So grab you tools and ingredients an be ready to try this on on of your trips. Recipe credits to http://www.dirtygourmet.com/campfire-quesadillas.